Wednesday, January 25, 2012

First Beef of the New Year: No Age Vs. Kings of Leon

No Age have accused Kings of Leon of ripping off No Age's white T with rainbow-coloured text. As much as I love No Age and dislike post-Because of the Times Kings of Leon (although, their latest album Come Around Sundown is actually pretty decent), I think this claim is a little farfetched. I whole-heartedly do not believe No Age are the first to have put rainbow-coloured block text on a white T. It's far too simple of a design to have first appeared in the New freakin' Millennium. But hey, what do I know about the history of logos and clothing design?

3 comments:

  1. Plus, they aren't even really that similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I mean, similar yes, but not identical. And as you said, the first design isn't even that original or creative to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly, eh? I mean, Man Is the Bastard actually has a case against Akron/Family (again, a dispute over T-SHIRT DESIGNS, oh no!):

    http://pitchfork.com/news/45207-man-is-the-bastard-accuse-akronfamily-of-ripping-off-their-skull-logo-for-t-shirts/

    ReplyDelete