Friday, January 13, 2012

All-Night Brain-Buster

It is absolutely bugging me that I can't remember what song "Cracking Eggs" by Brooklyn's My Best Fiend reminds me of. The lumbering piano line, the tidal wave guitars that crash against it, the crescendos, the in-between-mellifluous-and-nasally/coarse vocals and eventual harmonies, the pseudo-psychedelic squalls of pedal effects, ... I feel like this is a Dandy Warhols song. In fact, I'm sure I'm thinking of a song by them. Maybe "Genius"? "Big Indian"? I don't know. Maybe I'm not even thinking of the Dandies. Maybe I'm thinking of Antlers. That sounds more like. Oh, well. As Marge Simpson's prison-mate Tattoo Annie's Mad Magazine back-ink asks,

I'll just enjoy "Cracking Eggs" for what it is: a song for which I don't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment