Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Rainy Day Music: Jesus and Mary Chain Edition

It's a rainy, shitty day, and I feel equally miserable. I slept all of three hours last night due to the caffeine, can't get back to sleep and probably won't be able to get back to sleep any time soon. The only alternative I'm up for is dragging my ass out of bed, sitting around the house like a zombie and listening to gloomy Glasgow noise-pop innovators Jesus and Mary Chain while the city of Vancouver provides me with a soundtrack of window-muffled traffic and the pitter-patter of warm summer rain. Maybe I was subconsciously attracted to song titles like "Nine Million Rainy Days" or those of the songs I'm going to share:

"Darklands" and "Just Like Honey" pretty much capture my zoned-out dreariness:





At least "Down on Me" and "Happy When It Rains" sound upbeat musically:



No comments:

Post a Comment