Friday, July 13, 2012

Secret Show Tonight and a Topical Re-Post



Calvin Johnson, one of my favourite musicians of all time whom I refer to for the first time in this post, is playing a "secret" show tonight at a place called "the Mansion." After my friend and I spent the majority of a week asking every relevant person we knew, I'm preeetty sure we've nailed down the unlisted, likely unconventional "venue."

Not that a couple of cool kids like me and my equally chronically black/leather jacket-clad friend would ever get denied at a secret show, but "I Was Denied" by Thee Oh Sees is pretty much how I envision the possibility, depending on how one interprets getting "fucked up." I try re-posting as seldom as possible, but the song is just too damned topical:

I Was Denied by Thee Oh Sees on Grooveshark

I flew right by
And surveyed the scene
I was denied
It felt like a dream

And so, I flew away
With a friend of mine
I got fucked up
Sufficed to say

No comments:

Post a Comment