Friday, July 13, 2012

Best Coast - "Rhiannon" (Fleetwood Mac Cover)



I love you, Best Coast. I God-damned love you. I'm seriously going to marry Bethany Cosentino. And right there is the most fanboyish thing I've ever said in this blog.

It takes Best Coast to make me like Fleetwood Mac in the slightest, and even then, I still don't care for the original version. Cool to see Bobb on drums and Bethany on piano; I'd never seen them on either. This is probably the most precise I've ever heard Bethany sing live.

Best Coast's cover of "Rhiannon" appears on a Fleetwood Mac tribute compilation that also features Karen Elson (produced by Beck), the Kills and Lee Ranaldo featuring J. Mascis. Listen to the slightly more adorned album-version of Best Coast's cover below:

   Rhiannon | Best Coast by concordmusicgroup

No comments:

Post a Comment