Saturday, February 23, 2013

"Rhinestone Cowboy" Super-Post

Since a co-worker mentioned "Rhinestone Cowboy" on Sunday or Monday, I've had Glen Campbell's 1975 mega-hit (penned by Larry Weiss) stuck in my head and constantly on repeat. I've also stayed up two nights in a row well past my bedtime looking up every version I could find. Here, along with the original, are the two best:


I've been walkin' these streets so long
Singin' the same old song
I know every crack in these dirty sidewalks of Broadway


This would be my song if I ever got sick of Vancouver (I live on Broadway).
 
In a shocking twist, I DON'T prefer Loretta's version. O_O It's still great, of course:
 
 
Finally, I never knew the Hoff could sing, even though he's clearly lip-synching here. This performance makes me want to be a fucking megastar. And have you ever seen a backing band like this so into it? I mean, one of the violinists jumps at 2:42.


No comments:

Post a Comment