Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blind Surprise of the Week: Moon Duo

What's that? A Sacred Bones artist NOT playing at the Waldorf? It's true: San Fran psych-rockers Moon Duo will descend upon Vancouver once again, this time at the Biltmore on Dec. 7.

I hate drum machines and keyboards/synths live, but Moon Duo is just. Too. Hypnotic, with dark, entrancing, Jesus and Mary Chain/Joy Division/Frank Alpine danceability (swayability?). And I like Ripley Johnson's guitar-work. Time to get lost!

Between the Men (whose show at the Waldorf this past Wednesday I still have to recap), Nice Face, Amen Dunes and Moon Duo, Sacred Bones is quickly becoming one of my favourite new labels.

Check out "Motorcycle, I Love You" and the more upbeat "Mazes" below, just two selections from the eight great videos of Moon Duo's two KEXP sessions:




No comments:

Post a Comment