Tuesday, August 21, 2012

KMVP - "Nobody's Down with Sexist Movies"




Why do all the girls in The Warriors
Have to entice the boys upstairs
Have to entice the boys upstairs
Before, before, before, before they pull the knife?
If I was a girl in The Warriors
I would have cut them in the streets
I would have cut them in the street
And watched and watched and watched
And watched the bastards bleed

And of course, you don't even notice
Because you grew up watching The Warriors
And this thing is so deep inside of us
That it takes some very bizarre form

Why are all the girls in Thrasher
Either virginal or sluts?
And they all hate each others guts
And watch and watch and watch
And watch the boys have fun
If I was a girl in Thrasher
I'd start a radical girl-gang
And we'd stop feathering our bangs
And skate and skate and skate
And build a wicked half-pipe

And of course, you don't even notice
But it's poisoning your brains
You deny what's totally obvious
Then rewind and watch that shit again

And who says Ally Sheedy
Needed a makeover
To get herself a lover?
Who needs those anyway?
When I was Ally Sheedy
And I got myself a boyfriend
Well, all the time I spent with him
Was time I threw away

And of course, you don't even notice
But I see it everywhere
And my heart curls up and grows cold
As the snowflakes that fell from her hair

No comments:

Post a Comment