Saturday, June 25, 2011

HOLY CRAP, the New Wilco Song is Good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNs7NLwuHx0

"I Might" is the first single from Wilco's upcoming first album from their own label dBpm Records. It's about damned time they got away from the alt-country they were doing over their last couple of albums. Although Wilco the Album was pretty good, this is the Wilco I missed. I can't get enough of the bass on "I Might" - so damned catchy, and I can't remember the last time Jeff Tweedy - or the band in general - sounded so alive to me.

Note: Yes, I realize Wilco had been doing the alt-country thing since before Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, but Sky Blue Sky and onward had not always been the greatest musical reprise.

3 comments:

  1. Not usually a fan of this kind of music, but you're right, that's a pretty solid tune! Also, a picky technical thing: is there a way you can make it so that links open a new window automatically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I know of. "Right-click," "Open Link in New Tab/Window" is all I cant think of.

    ReplyDelete