Saturday, April 13, 2013

Marnie Stern: Endless Quote Machine

Proof of Life by Marnie Stern on Grooveshark

"In 'Proof of Life', there's the line, 'All my life is based on fantasy'-- I sit here all day, living in this fantasy world and wondering if I have let my life go by without having real connections, no family or anything like that. Like, I am embarrassed that I can't afford health insurance, and then there's the separate issue of not caring about any of that and wanting to write a really good song that's important to me, which ends up overriding everything else. But then I lay in bed awake at night and think, 'Oh god, what will I do? I've got to find a guitar lesson to teach, or sell something.' But it's a choice. I feel very fortunate to have people hear my music. I don't feel like I have much of a right to complain about not making money out of it."

I kind of want to see Marnie Stern at the Media Club on April 25 just for the small, small, ohhh sooooo smalllll chance of meeting her. I don't know what I'd say though; I've met a few of my favourite musicians of all time, and I didn't say much to any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment