Saturday, March 2, 2013

Carson Cox: "I Was in 100% the Worst Social Environment I Have Ever Been In."

Pitchfork: Were there any other personal experiences that inspired the record?

CC: I was in 100% the worst social environment I have ever been in. My social life had become poisoned by friendships gone down the drain. Identity played a big role in this for me. I see this new, passive identity, especially in big cities; fall in, download, and be whatever. But you can only be one thing, and that is yourself. The people that are afraid to do that are wasting their time with their image. They're wasting their time with friendships built on nothing, their love lives built on nothing, fucking people they don't care about. It's poisonous, and it became poisonous to me. So I removed myself from it and made a record, basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment