Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Strokes Announce New Album Comedown Machine

The Strokes have announced their new album due March 26, and it's called Comedown Machine. I dig the mechanical cover art - I haven't seen a label name displayed so prominently on the cover since New Order's similarly monochrome and industrially sparse Movement issued through the appropriately named Factory Records. I don't, however, dig the bubbly but sloppy "One Way Trigger," the second song from Comedown Machine. I can't imagine coming down to that. In fact, I'd probably be more desperate to get high in order to try to enjoy it. I still haven't heard "All the Time," the first official single from Comedown Machine which the Seattle radio station 107.7 The End debuted last week but I can't find on the Net. The song's been described as "packing a classic Strokes sound," but I'll have to hear for myself.

Listen to "One Way Trigger" below:



Random aside: While filling out the tags, I realized this is my first Strokes post. How is that possible? They've been one of my favourite bands since they came onto the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment