Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bon Iver Vs. Kurt Vile

No, there's no juicy feud happening between psych-folk revival- ist/eternal introvert Kurt Vile and indie folk superstar/part-time introvert Justin Vernon, A.K.A. Bon Iver. They're both coming to Vancouver on May 25, and for the first time since I've been here, I have to choose between shows, and the decision could hardly be tougher. Do I want to stand face-to-face with Kurt Vile at the Biltmore, whom I've already seen but of whom I'm a WAY bigger fan now, amidst a drugged out, spaced out, lethargic crowd, or do I want to be likely stuck in the middle of a fervent crowd outdoors at Bon Iver at Deer Lake Park, whom I missed the last time he was here? Well, when I put my options like that, my decision seems pretty easy. I guess I'll pony up the $51 for Bon Iver instead of the $20 for Kurt Vile. Man, I never thought I'd pass on KV. Sorry, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment